What actually is kitesurfing?
Kitesurfing is the ultimate thrill ride of the ocean! Imagine being propelled across the water by the power of the kite, slicing thought the waves like superhero.
With a kite in hand and surfboard underfoot, you will be dancing with the wind and riding the waves in style. It`s heart – pumping, adrenaline – fuelled experience that will leave you feeling like on top of the world!
What`s the best way to learn kitesurfing?
The best way to learn is by taking lessons from a certified school. This will ensure you learn proper techniques, safety measures, adequate theory.
By taking lessons with a certified school you are assured to start your adventure in suitable conditions, such as light wind and shallow water to gradually progress and improve.
Infinity Sport Kitesurfing School follows BKSA learning syllabus, which is made up of:
LEVEL 1 – Introduction to Kite Flying
DAY 1 KITESURFING BEGGINER LESSON
– Wind and tides theory,
– Basic kite flying
– LEI rigging
– Basic body dragging,generating power
– Directional bodydragging, kite control and self rescue.
LEVEL 2 – INTRODUCTION TO THE BOARD
– Introduction to board starts and board starts technique
– First board starts
– First rides including prolonged power delivery
– Independent kiteboarding riding with others.
How many lessons do I need to take to become independent rider?
– If you set your mind to it and are lucky to have the right conditions to learn, being supported by instructor from accredited school. Its right what people say! You can learn kitesurfing in few days.
– Everyone has different skills set and fitness background, so we say that upwind ride should take about 15 to 20 hours of learning taking into account your fitness level, weather conditions and frequency of the lessons.
– What do I need to bring for the kitesurfing lesson?
– Always bring with you drinking water. Wear comfortable clothing, which you don’t mind to get dirty during the activities.
– For all the water based activities we supply all gear required, we only ask to wear a swim costume underneath the provided wetsuit. If you take lessons during colder months and require neoprene boots, those will need to be purchased at our shop.
Being an intermediate kitesurfer means you have likely progressed beyond the beginner stage and have gained a solid foundation of skills and knowledge in kitesurfing however there’s still plenty of room for growth and improvement. You can continue honing your skills, learning more advanced tricks, improving your riding technique, and expanding your knowledge of kitesurfing safety. It’s also a good time to start considering more specialised gear and exploring different kitesurfing locations to challenge yourself and enjoy new experiences on the water.
Your intermediate skills to have:
– Advanced launch, land & rescue techniques
– Equipment tuning
– Riding upwind
– Basic jumps
– Kite foil